[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | build: detect previous supported guile (ae715f67)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sat Mar 23 01:18:26 CET 2019

@nmav: there is a point in what @noloader argue, I traced this to confusion in the way the autoconf script is being used, there is a hack here[1]

Expected behavior of default processing is to run `GUILE_SITE_DIR` this is done only if `--without-guile-site-dir` is used, it is quite confusing.
If default or `--with-guile-site-dir` is used then there is some hack activated, I do not understand the need for the hack, but for sure it should not be the default.
If `--with-guile-site-dir=xxx` is specified then we take the value of the argument which makes sense, but how came we can override what guile knows about itself? It will be ineffective.

Unless there is a good reason to keep this logic, probably leaving only `GUILE_SITE_DIR` is the best method.

See #957 for removal of `--with-guile-site-dir`

Thanks!

[1] https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/blob/master/configure.ac#L867