[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | configure.ac: check libopts version more strictly (!862)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Jan 7 16:21:26 CET 2019

> Now you support linking against the installed libopts without re-generating autogened files, i.e. without autogen available.

While this is true, it was not the point of the change (!808).  It was rather to simplify the Makefile logic by following the automake's practice in handling intermediate files (as in vala, texinfo, and lex/yacc).

Nevertheless,

> As autogen/libopts is one source I thought it was a very uncommon setup to find libopts development files without autogen.

This is indeed true, and that makes the approach not really convincing.  So I agree to switch back to including .bak files in the distribution.  I hope there would be an easy option to bundle intermediate files through the upstream libopts.m4.  @rockdaboot do you have any opinions?