[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | WIP: fixed operation under multiple threads (!935)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Feb 25 16:36:10 CET 2019

> But in case you have 2 threads sending/receiving during `RECV_STATE_FALSE_START_HANDLING` or `RECV_STATE_EARLY_START_HANDLING`, don't you need to block the 2nd thread until the handling is completed? It feels to me like if you don't, you might have 2 threads trying to process the handshake during recv/send

Sending is ok in the `RECV_STATE_FALSE_START_HANDLING` or the early variant. The only need that sending needs to know is the actual state of the handshake, and if the state is incomplete, to check whether we are doing false/early start (and if not error out).

Receiving is of course not ok, but that cannot be, unless the application is receiving in parallel in two threads (which is not supported).