[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Changed output from stdout to stderr (!914)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Feb 11 09:41:23 CET 2019

Hi, it seems the CI is failing at this change. An test was relying on the particular behavior (stderr/stdout) prior to the change. Note that tools like `gnutls-cli` and `certtool` when used for connections are hard to modify their behavior with respect to stderr and stdout because they are often wrapped by other tools which we have no control on.

May I suggest using a piecemeal approach? That is, split the change on different commits depending on the tool modified. You can see the effect of your changes by running `make check` locally on your machine. That way we can figure which are the less risky changes and get them in, and separate the most risky ones for a more detailed discussion.