[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | bootstrap: refuse to bootstrap if any dependencies bring gnulib's network stack (!919)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sat Feb 9 10:55:36 CET 2019

New Merge Request !919

https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/919

Branches: tmp-enforce-gnulib-rules-for-lib to master
Author:    Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Assignee:
Approvers: Simon Josefsson, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov, Hubert Kario, Tim Rühsen, Andreas Metzler, Daiki Ueno, Tom, Ander Juaristi, Tomáš Mráz, Anderson Sasaki and GnuTLS devel mailing list

If gnulib's network stack is brought (due to a dependency) in the library
it will make the library unusable to non-gnulib using applications. This
prevents windows applications for example to use gnutls, and so on. Even
more it is quite hard to catch that issue because our testsuite uses
gnulib as well. Instead we try to catch the these modules at import time

## Checklist
 * [x] Code modified for feature
 * [ ] Test suite updated with functionality tests
 * [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
 * [ ] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)

## Reviewer's checklist:
 * [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
 * [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
 * [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
 * [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
 * [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code