[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | ax_code_coverage.m4 is not license compatible and must not be used / ax_code_coverage.m4 conflicts with ISC license (#691)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Feb 4 11:33:39 CET 2019

Look, I was told to "Use the m4 shipped by gnutls" which we did ALL THE TIME and which errors with [gnutls make fails: missing separator in Makefile line 2042](https://github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite/issues/1058) and I got "What incompatibility do you refer to?" instead. So that's also lazy and not just clueless then, downloading the error logs would've helped as well and actually READ THEM. At least someone else gave me a thumbs up here so there must be more to it ...
Anyway, don't change your m4 file, you can sit on it as much as you want, curl team got the message, they analyzed it and found their own way, even got rid of it. And as for MABS there's only harfbuzz team using the old m4 file (same checksum wherever you two got it from) but there's no problem with that so far. So like I said: we're done.

"maybe you feel better when doing so"

Yes I do. Because developers developing for ALL platforms should test on ALL platforms, shouldn't they? But today the customer is the banana, in Germany we call this "skill shortage" (for Micro$oft it's normal, only idiots work there, no quality control at all, oh sorry GH is M$ now, I hope it doesn't get worse then???). Oh no, please don't go and install mingw now, to check if gnutls with old m4 still works there or not with NEW autoconf-archive. I don't want to "demand" too much of you!

So TTYL have a good day! :+1: