[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | gl/inet_pton.c missing in 3.6.7 release tarball (#745)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Thu Apr 4 10:22:17 CEST 2019

These situations are always confusing. Since just the tarball has been updated from exactly the same sources, the git tag stays at 3.6.7 and the changelog doesn't change. Just overwriting the broken tarball with a new one is discouraged/disliked by many people as well.

But an announcement would reduce confusion. A complete irregular 3.6.7.1 release would be the cleanest way. Other projects do stuff like that in such cases. As I will do in my projects in such future situations (I already ran into the same problem and solved it similar to how @nmav did - also with some confusion as the users side).