[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Valid cert fails to verify due to different DN encodings (#553)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Sep 17 15:58:47 CEST 2018

@caldwell Maybe this should be moved to a broader audience, e.g. as an MR to https://github.com/tomato42/tlsfuzzer. I guess more or less every TLS implementation uses that test suite (or will do in the future).

It would be indeed good if TLS vendors agree on handling this issue(s), be it creating or consuming certificates. GnuTLS would then follow the general agreement (I guess).

It would be good if you bring up such an MR, so there are immediate example(s) to test with.
Just link in this discussion or copy&paste, whatever is more appropriate to you.