[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | add support for 0-RTT (!775)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Thu Oct 25 16:05:26 CEST 2018

Daiki Ueno commented on a discussion on doc/cha-gtls-app.texi:

> +
> +    ret = gnutls_record_recv_early_data(session, buffer, sizeof(buffer));
> +    assert(ret >= 0);
> +
> +    ...
> +
> +    return ret;
> +@}
> +
> +int main()
> +@{
> +  ...
> +
> +  gnutls_handshake_set_hook_function(server, GNUTLS_HANDSHAKE_END_OF_EARLY_DATA,
> +                                     GNUTLS_HOOK_POST, handshake_hook_func);
> +  ...

> On the receiving size, do you see an advantage in that separation in practice?

RFC 8470 actually suggests that the server could defer processing of early data only after the handshake is completed, to mitigate the replay risks in case the anti-replay measure doesn't work.

In any case, I think the current API is sufficient to cover both use-cases; maybe later, we could add convenient API on top of it.