[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Cleanup and fixes (!779)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Oct 22 11:00:44 CEST 2018

Tom commented on a discussion on lib/cert-cred-x509.c:

>   */
>
>  static int
> -certificate_credential_append_crt_list(gnutls_certificate_credentials_t res,
> +certificate_credential_append_keypair(gnutls_certificate_credentials_t res,

My rationale is the following. At first, this function only added a certificate list and was named correctly. A private key had to be added via a different function. Later on this function was modified such that it adds a certificate list and private key at once (which is good IMHO). Therefore I found it confusing that it is named as if it only adds a certificate list. A certificate contains a public key. As this function now adds both a public key and a private key (i.e. a keypair) I found that ...append_keypair would be a better name.

Also, because we are going to use this function for adding raw public-keys too I think the better name of the two options is `certificate_credential_append_keypair`. What is your opinion? Shall I update the name or not?