[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Fix gen-mech-list.sh on Solaris / Bourne Shell (!771)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Tue Oct 9 15:21:24 CEST 2018

It the only script affected for
```
./configure --enable-shared --with-included-libtasn1 --without-p11-kit --disable-guile
make
```

I didn't try a 'make check' yet.

The configure script falls back to bash or zsh when detecting a non-POSIX shell, but gen-mech-list.sh doesn't. It uses /bin/sh which I can't link to any other shell due to missing admin rights.

Of course I can use bash for all manually executed scripts (e.g. as in `bash ./bootstrap`), but not for automated scripting. At least not without some hacks.

While \`cmd\` works on non-POSIX *and* POSIX shells, $(cmd) is POSIX-only as you said. I personally like the compatible form, but that's a matter of taste, I guess.