[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Clarify our supported releases meaning (#588)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Oct 8 13:28:49 CEST 2018

New Issue was created.

Issue 588: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/issues/588
Author:    Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Assignee:

In [gnutls download page](https://www.gnutls.org/download.html) we have three active releases, the "previous stable", "stable", and "next". It is implied that there is an active release per ABI version except for older than 3.3.x releases. It is unclear however, how long these releases will be supported and whether it is fine to switch from 3.5.x to 3.6.x when the latter becomes stable.

We should try to simplify and clarify that message, and maybe introduce LTS releases which are supported for longer time. That would require in practice a sponsor/maintainer taking that commitment.

Thoughts?