[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Add CI tarball build (!809)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Wed Nov 21 20:14:38 CET 2018

> Wouldn't that mean that these tests will run only if /bin/sh is bash? In the freebsd runners bash is /usr/local/bin/bash and these tests are currently running there. With the new approach they will not.

It was just an idea. We could also (or instead) try to find bash (if not already running in bash) with `which bash` and restart the script with bash if found.

> Why cannot we install bash on alpine?

Of course we can. But do you want to tell each user (s)he should first install bash and link /bin/sh to it ?
IMO, the less the dependencies the easier someone can build + test + use GnuTLS on slim systems like Alpine. Alpine becomes more and more popular for docker images. This is true for other tiny (container-optimzed) distros.