[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | RFC7250 Raw public keys (!650)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Wed Nov 21 17:10:30 CET 2018

Tom commented on a discussion on lib/auth/cert.c:

>  typedef enum CertificateSigType { RSA_SIGN = 1, DSA_SIGN = 2, ECDSA_SIGN = 64
>  } CertificateSigType;
>
> -/* Moves data from a internal certificate struct (gnutls_pcert_st) to
> +/* Moves data from an internal certificate struct (gnutls_pcert_st) to
>   * another internal certificate struct (cert_auth_info_t), and deinitializes
>   * the former.
>   */
>  int _gnutls_pcert_to_auth_info(cert_auth_info_t info, gnutls_pcert_st * certs, size_t ncerts)
>  {
> +	/* REMARK: why do we free certs here? It is unexpected behavior and might be undesireable

It has two callers now actually. And its going to be three when we also have krb support. I think it might be good to split this file into separate files that handle different cert types each. But I propose to do that in a separate cleanup patch. What do you think?