[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Add CI tarball build (!809)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Tue Nov 20 15:58:15 CET 2018

> Because Alpine is different with it's busybox + musl backend. It is a very clean/lean distribution widely used as base for docker / VM images. The fixed incompatibilities in the test suite may be blockers on other OSes as well, so fixing extends the possible GnuTLS distributions. And the above mentioned assertion  may easily be a bug in libgnutls (didn't look at it closer , though).

I did a quick check of the changes and I'm not sure about them; indeed they increase portability of the testsuite, but is that the goal of the test suite? I see as the main goal of the test suite to test gnutls and apps as much as possible. Whether it works using `zsh`, `busybox` or any other restricted shell is not something we should care. We should make things easy for us and require tools like `bash` to allow us writing simple and easy test suites.