[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | GnuTLS error: A packet with illegal or unsupported version was received. (#621)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sat Nov 17 20:11:31 CET 2018

I suspect something is wrong in the application or wine. The application seems to advertise TLS1.3 and TLS1.0, and that confuses the server who selects TLS1.2.
```
gnutls[2]: Advertizing version 3.4
gnutls[2]: Advertizing version 3.1
```
My high level understanding of the wine code is that it allows an application to specifically remove some versions of TLS and keep some others, however it is not ready for TLS1.3 being available. That's the reason the application you use ends up advertising TLS1.3 and TLS1.0, although probably the intention was to only have TLS1.0 there. Seeing wine's `schan_imp_create_session` it did not anticipate a new protocol being added to the list. I suggest opening an issue at the wine issue tracker.