[gnutls-devel] Link to -lcrypt32 in pkg-config file as well

Reino Wijnsma rwijnsma at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 5 00:00:59 CET 2018

Hello Nikos,

On 4-3-2018 22:45, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 4:07 PM Reino Wijnsma <rwijnsma at xs4all.nl <mailto:rwijnsma at xs4all.nl>> wrote:
>
>     Hello gnutls-devs,
>
>     I'm cross-compiling FFmpeg with GnuTLS (on Windows using Cygwin, MinGW and GCC) for TLS 1.2 support.
>     Without intervention FFmpeg's configure would always fail:
>
>     [...]
>     I've always had to update 'gnutls.pc.in <http://gnutls.pc.in>':
>
>     prefix=@prefix@
>     exec_prefix=@exec_prefix@
>     libdir=@libdir@
>     includedir=@includedir@
>     [...]
>
>     but as FFmpeg only checks the pkg-config file, I believe 'gnutls.pc.in <http://gnutls.pc.in>' is this case is in need of an update.
>

> Thank you Reino. I think you're right. The current pkg config file is tailored for unix systems not windows. I see that even the check for its functionality (tests/pkgconfig.sh) is disabled under windows. Would you like to suggest a patch (or better merge request) to handle windows in the pc file?
I would if I could, but I simply don't have the know-how. I don't know GnuTLS's inner workings that good either.
I just came around the corner last year compiling stuff for the first time. I've learned a lot and I'm happy I've managed to solve this issue with FFmpeg for now.
All I know is that while configuring GnuTLS it would have to detect mingw32 / mingw64 (Windows) and add -lcrypt32 to the pc file.

-- Reino