[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | msmtp unable to send mail with gnutls 3.6.5. TLS1.3 issue? (#644)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Dec 7 20:15:17 CET 2018

Thanks. I've investigated some more and it looks like msmtp calls gnutls_record_recv() and with 3.6.5 (probably earlier 3.6 versions too) this returns -28 which afaict is GNUTLS_E_AGAIN and this leads to an error in the msmtp code. From the gnutls_record_recv() docs it looks like this is incorrectly handled in msmtp so I'll close this issue here for now and talk to msmtp devs again.

Thanks for the quick reply!