[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | bootstrap fails often due to savannah (#547)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Aug 17 14:56:57 CEST 2018

New Issue was created.

Issue 547: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/issues/547
Author:    Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Assignee:

It seems that ./bootstrap attempts to contact savannah.gnu.org even if the gnulib directory is present. That due to savannah instability causes several CI failures. The bootstrap script should not have attempted to contact savannah since we ship a recent copy of gnulib in our CI images.

```
./bootstrap: getting gnulib files...
Submodule 'gnulib' (https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/gnulib.git) registered for path 'gnulib'
Cloning into '/builds/gnutls/gnutls/gnulib'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/gnulib.git/': The requested URL returned error: 502
```