[gnutls-devel] gnutls build-error with gtk-doc-tools 1.26 (gtkdoc-mktmpl is no longer available)

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Sun Sep 24 19:14:40 CEST 2017

Hello,

gnutls also fails to build against gtk-doc-tools 1.26:
Making all in reference
make[6]: Entering directory '/build/1st/gnutls28-3.5.15/doc/reference'
  DOC   Scanning header files
  DOC   Rebuilding template files
/bin/bash: gtkdoc-mktmpl: command not found
Makefile:1671: recipe for target 'tmpl-build.stamp' failed
make[6]: *** [tmpl-build.stamp] Error 127

Find attached a minimal patch to fix this (just for review, proper patch
should also cleanup .gitignore). As with libtasn1 gtkdoc-check is run on
make check but only displays the errors without triggering a testsuite
error.

This is not creative work. I have checked on which gtkdoc version the
included snippets were based, noted down the differences, copied the
new files and carried over gnutls' modifications.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'