[gnutls-devel] code coverage reports

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 11:41:40 CET 2017

Hi,
 I've created a small project to measure the coverage of gnutls and
store the output in web-pages in [0]. The results can be seen either
on the coverage badges on gnutls gitlab site, or at:
https://gnutls.gitlab.io/coverage/master/
https://gnutls.gitlab.io/coverage/3.5.x/

On the content, it seems that a large majority (70%+) of the code is
tested. However, there is still functionality and error paths that
remain untested. There are code paths such as TPM which cannot be
tested in an automated way (we would need some kind of TPM 1.2
emulator), and openpgp support will most likely never get any
improvement in testing since it is deprecated code. For the rest, I'd
appreciate help on increasing the existing's code test coverage.

The coverage pages are set to auto generate on every release of gnutls.

[0]. https://gitlab.com/gnutls/coverage