[gnutls-devel] valgrind-tests vs full-test-suite

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 18:49:02 CET 2017

Hi,

I believe this is the last issue in tests of gnutls-3.5... :)

I started stabilization process in Gentoo, it will be nice if we can
solve this nicely as well.

Look at this full-test-suite[1] conditional:
---
# test if we are in git master or in release build. In release
# builds we do not use valgrind.
SUITE_FILE="${srcdir}/tests/suite/mini-eagain2.c"
if test "$full_test_suite" = yes && test ! -f "$SUITE_FILE";then
    full_test_suite=no
    VALGRIND=""
    AC_SUBST(VALGRIND, [])
    opt_valgrind_tests=no
fi
---

This actually disables valgrind in non-git but I do not see any reason
to do so as valgrind is supported in some other tests. If I disable
the full-tests-suite then I can enjoy valgrind extra tests.

Any reason why we condition this?

Thanks!
Alon

[1] https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/blob/master/configure.ac#L360