[gnutls-devel] TCP Fast Open

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Jul 21 15:34:11 CEST 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:06 PM, Tim Ruehsen <tim.ruehsen at gmx.de> wrote:
>> > I just wanted to mention that I recently added TFO in Wget2 using GnuTLS
>> > (tested on Linux, speedup ~ 1xRTT).
>> Hi Tim,
>>  That sounds great. Did you combine that with other optimizations such
>> as session resumption and false start?
> I just did combine TFO with False Start in wget2 - and yes, it is another
> 1xRTT speedup !

One question with that. Do you plan to enable it unconditionally or
conditionally if some state is known about the server? I know that
google has done quite some experiments with false start and chrome and
they only enable it on specific servers. The reason I believe is that
certain middle-boxes choke when a finished message is followed by
application data.