[gnutls-devel] gnutls-bin and Emacs lisp TLS binding

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Sat Aug 20 14:32:42 CEST 2016

Hello,

I have received the following report from Adam Sjøgren in
 <http://bugs.debian.org/834516>:
After upgrading gnutls-bin from 3.5.2 to 3.5.3 Gnus hangs when fetching email
from imaps.

This is because gnutls-cli has stopped printing "- Handshake was completed",
which Gnus looks for.

It can be worked around by changing the variable tls-success in Gnus, which
may be the correct solution - I am reporting this bug in case the removal of
the text was unintended.

The printf was removed in https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls.git in this commit:

  commit 7e051ae28c288c218584f75dbc6c097a3b2564c9