[gnutls-devel] pkcs11 api: exposing the low level handles

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:46:13 CEST 2016

Hi,
 Gnutls pkcs11 wrapping API is quite limited, but I would like to keep
it so intentionally, so that we handle basic operations without making
a huge API over another huge API. However, on several occasions it may
be good to use gnutls' API and expose any internal pkcs11 handles for
advanced use (e.g., use with a mechanism not supported by gnutls).

Does that make sense overall, are there use-cases of it you've
encountered? If yes, the would an API such as in [0] satisfy those
needs, or we would need something more advanced (if so please
propose).

[0]. https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/38/commits