[gnutls-devel] Bug: gnutls_dh_get_group prepends a zero byte to prime

Peter Williams home_pw at msn.com
Fri May 22 16:50:03 CEST 2015

Simply add comment that the value is output as an x409 integer in ber encoding (and perhaps der encoding).

In type theory, one can compare properly (according to the encoding).

When comparing certs (properly, as types), one needs formalities such as this. Historically, upon receipt of client cert during association binding, one issues a directory compare operation which, she executed by the resolver, would compare the value against the value(s) in the named directory record, to test existence of the operand in the "trust list".

Obviously a security critical operation, for which one uses formal type theory which, for certs was a little over formalized due to the any typing of the dh block.

All good fodder for structured vulnerability insertion in standards, of course, in the name of extensibility.

Sent from my Windows Phone