[gnutls-devel] plans for plugin support?

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Mon Jun 1 15:23:37 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 1:24 PM, Benedikt Klotz <benedikt.knoppix at web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> Are there any plans to implement a plugin mechanism for GnuTLS in the near future, which allows to load hardware support for crypto algorithms (like the OpenSSL Engines)?
> If there are no such plans, I would like to implement such a mechanism. Are there any requirements that I should know?

Hi Benedikt,
 We have such a plugin API for public key and signature algorithms.
The supported plugins are PKCS #11 modules or even custom ones when
imported with gnutls_privkey_import_ext3().

For symmetric key algorithms we support cryptodev (i.e., /dev/crypto)
on systems that support it. Are there any other plugin mechanisms you
are interested at?