[gnutls-devel] chacha

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Apr 16 18:34:37 CEST 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-16 at 11:05 -0400, James Cloos wrote:
> Are there any sites which accept CCA1?

I don't know any. The draft was updated to include some reference
ciphersuite numbers in the beginning of April.

> I found that cloudflare has enabled chacha-poly site wide, but from
> what I can determine (mostly by way of ssllabs¹) they expect CC13.

That is not the standardized algorithm but the initial proposal by
google. The ciphersuites of gnutls use the standardized chacha-poly1305
algorithm, with a draft version of their incorporation in TLS [0].
Unfortunately the TLS working group is very slow in adopting these
ciphersuites.

[0]. https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mavrogiannopoulos-chacha-tls-05