[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS test suite

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sat Sep 6 13:36:25 CEST 2014

On Sat, 2014-09-06 at 14:40 +0400, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have noticed several problems with GnuTLS test suite.
> First, mini-record-2 runs indefinitely. Is this an expected failure?

It should take quite long time when run under valgrind, but it shouldn't
be indefinitely.

> Also I got two valgrind errors from hostname-check and from
> nul-in-x509-names tests (logs are in attachment).

These are warnings due to the usage of IDNA. However, they should be
silenced by this line of suppressions.valgrind.

{
   libidn-strlen
   Memcheck:Addr4
   fun:idna_to_ascii_4z
   fun:idna_to_ascii_8z
   fun:gnutls_x509_crt_check_hostname2
   fun:doit
   fun:main
}

I'm wondering whether it is the addition crt_check_hostname that causes
that issue. Would adding:
{
   libidn-strlen
   Memcheck:Addr4