[gnutls-devel] gnutls-3.3.10 - crq test always succeeds

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Wed Nov 12 20:22:47 CET 2014

Hello,

tests/cert-tests/crq is broken, it tries to read crq-invalid.der while
the file is named csr-invalid.der.

This has the effect that the test always succeeds, because certtools
exits with 1 on unreadable input.

Renaming the file (or fixing the filename in the test) makes the test
fail with gnutls 3.3.8 and succeed with gnutls 3.3.10.

On a sidenote I do not understand why the whole thing is written the
way it is:
-----------
certtool ...
rc=$?
# We're done.
if test "$rc" != "1"; then
  echo "Invalid crq decoding failed"
  exit $rc
fi
exit 0

The if clause is always hit. gnutls 3.3.10 exits with 0, gnutls 3.3.8
exits with 134.

cu Andreas

so grateful to you.'