[gnutls-devel] gnutls for win32

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Fri May 31 10:50:52 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Ted Zlatanov <tzz at lifelogs.com> wrote:

> I see that you now have ftp://ftp.gnutls.org/gcrypt/gnutls/w32/ with
> automated builds. Is that going to be sustained long-term?  Should we
> consider linking to your page and save the effort of producing our own
> GnuTLS binaries?

Hello Ted,
 There is no problem to link to that page. The binaries are often
up-to date (no automated process exists), and I try to have at least
binaries for the major releases. However, as mentioned before these
binary releases are compiled but untested.

> I'm also planning to allow Emacs to update its own GnuTLS libraries on
> W32 and Mac OS X by using an ELPA package.  This does not involve GnuTLS
> developers' time, but I wanted to mention it in case you have any
> opinions or comments, especially on any potential security issues with
> doing it from inside Emacs itself.

You may want to check the signatures prior to downloading. Other than
that I cannot think of other issue.