[gnutls-devel] [sr #108343] gnutls 3.2.2 breaks tls decryption: "Decryption has failed."

Afri Qhdoe INVALID.NOREPLY at gnu.org
Wed Jul 24 09:56:11 CEST 2013

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

An upgrade of gnutls to 3.2.2 breaks pretty much everything that uses TLS. I'm
using archlinux. I discovered this issue using weechat, telling me:

> irc: reading data on socket: error -24 Decryption has failed.

The guys at #weechat told me there are more people complaining and it's a
gnutls issue. see http://unix.stackexchange.com/q/84083/19062

downgrading gnutls "fixes" this. could you please look into it?

Related broken projects:
- epiphany https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/36207
- webkit https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/36212

> Error reading data from TLS socket: Decryption has failed.

This bug was poorly reported on the mailing list some days ago (it looked like
a connection error). Yet, I'm trying to do better but I'm sorry I don't know
how to provide a better back trace or something. Maybe you can guide me? I
tried to attach gnutls-cli or weechat to gdb but without success of extracting
the error message.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108343>