[gnutls-devel] higher level session API?

Tim Ruehsen tim.ruehsen at gmx.de
Mon Jan 28 10:55:09 CET 2013

Am Monday 28 January 2013 schrieb Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos:
> Ok it seems I'm closer to a simpler API. A draft version is in:
> https://gitorious.org/gnutls/gnutls/blobs/master/lib/includes/gnutls/xssl.h
>
> Currently the code to set credentials is the most complex, but overall
> it looks quite an improvement in terms of size of code. An example of a
> client and a server is at:
>
> https://gitorious.org/gnutls/gnutls/blobs/master/tests/mini-xssl.c#line151

I like it. Really much simpler than the current approach. I would like to
implement it into my current project (libmget / mget) in the near future.

How can a client 'force' a server certificate to be accepted (switch
certificate checking off) ?

Do I still link with -lgnutls, or will there be an extra libgnutls-xssl
library ?

What I can't judge: is xssl_cert_init() complete to handle all cases of a real
life implementation like e.g. Wget ? There are these kinds of arguments:
--no-check-certificate
--certificate=file
--certificate-type=type
--private-key=file