[gnutls-devel] Errors building GnuTLS

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sat Jan 26 14:00:50 CET 2013

On 01/26/2013 11:45 AM, Jaak Ristioja wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to build GnuTLS (currently from git master), but I'm getting
> some errors. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I did
>
>   make autoreconf
>   ./configure --disable-libdane --without-p11-kit
> --disable-openpgp-authentication --disable-openssl-compatibility
> --disable-dtls-srtp-support --disable-srp-authentication
> --disable-psk-authentication --prefix=/home/jotik/develop/gnutls/prefix/
> --disable-cxx --disable-crywrap --disable-guile --disable-nls
>   make
>
> The next error I'm getting is:
>
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/jotik/develop/gnutls/gnutls.git/lib'
>   CC     gnutls_ui.lo
> gnutls_ui.c: In function 'gnutls_certificate_get_peers_subkey_id':
> gnutls_ui.c:579:18: error: 'struct cert_auth_info_st' has no member
> named 'subkey_id'

Hello,
 These disable options are not actively maintained and their status
depends on patches received by the ones who actually use it. Usually on
the errors you see, it is sufficient to disable the corresponding
function or code by using and ifdef of the feature it is related to.

I've now fixed the issue you quote. For other issues, or when in doubt
feel free to ask.