[gnutls-devel] higher level session API?

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Jan 17 20:30:53 CET 2013

Hello,
 I've trying ways to simplify the gnutls_session_t by adding higher
level functions. I plan to add function that allow buffering data into a
session prior to sending, to avoid sending many small TLS records (and
avoid the whole overhead). Something like:

ssize_t gnutls_sbuf_queue (gnutls_sbuf_t sb, const void *data,
                           size_t data_size);
ssize_t gnutls_sbuf_flush (gnutls_sbuf_t sb);

However I'm wondering whether a full higher level API over
gnutls_session_t is needed, that for example does not require to handle
non-fatal errors (e.g. GNUTLS_E_AGAIN, or
GNUTLS_E_WARNING_ALERT_RECEIVED). That would be the equivalent of FILE*
for a TLS session. Any thoughts?