[gnutls-devel] Cloning GnuTLS objects

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Feb 21 16:36:32 CET 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Jaak Ristioja <jaak.ristioja at cyber.ee> wrote:
>> Unless there is some explicit _cpy function you cannot.
> Are there any plans to provide such functions in the future?

I don't plan to work on it but I would apply any patches that do that
(there are some objects that can't easily be copied though - e.g. the
gnutls_privkey_t keys which may be stored in a smart card). However,
do you really need to copy them? I remember I considered it some time
ago and I realized that copying those objects wasn't that common use
case.