[gnutls-devel] Waiting for input data

Jaak Ristioja jaak.ristioja at cyber.ee
Fri Feb 8 15:37:42 CET 2013

On 08.02.2013 16:25, Tim Ruehsen wrote:
> If I got you right, your question was: how can I read from a non-blocking
> socket (using gnutls_record_check_pending()).
>
> My answer just said, how I do it.
> It might be of help, but maybe not.

If the transport has data available for reading doesn't automatically
mean that I can get any data out of gnutls_record_recv when it reads
that data from the transport layer. I need to poll (level-trigerred)
GnuTLS directly to detect whether I can read data using gnutls_record_recv.

It were better if GnuTLS would be a complete layer between the transport
layer and the application layer so that the application layer wouldn't
have to poll the transport layer directly, but could poll GnuTLS for
available data directly.

Best regards,
Jaak