[gnutls-devel] Waiting for input data

Jaak Ristioja jaak.ristioja at cyber.ee
Tue Feb 5 16:59:34 CET 2013

Hello!

How does one wait for data to become available for reading with
gnutls_record_recv without actually reading any of it?

I tried to use gnutls_record_check_pending in a wait loop but it failed.
The obvious reason for it was that gnutls_record_check_pending is
basically only a getter and does not read any data from the transport
layer even thou there might be some available. Can this behaviour be
changed so that GnuTLS tries to pull and process data from the transport
layer first?

I need something like this because I want my thread to sleep (most of
the time) until either (1) data becomes available or (2) another thread
signals the thread to stop waiting for any data.

Please help!

Best regards,
Jaak