[gnutls-devel] gnutls 3.2.3 segfault in _gnutls_epoch_set_keys

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Fri Aug 2 08:32:04 CEST 2013

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 12:53 AM, Stefan Bühler <stbuehler at lighttpd.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I get segfaults with libgnutls28-3.2.3-1:i386 from debian unstable, client is firefox (iceweasel) 22,
> TLS1.0, ciphersuite TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA (0x0005).
> Usually this happens when I start a second request when another one is already running,
> but pausing and resuming a download can trigger it too.

Hello Stefan,
 Is that crash on a resumed session? Is that re-producable using gnutls-serv?

> I could ofc be doing something wrong in lighttpd2 mod_gnutls, but imho it doesn't look like it.

It could be but I don't think so. Gnutls 3.2 had quite some
re-organization to go for speed and there could be still some rough
edges. As we have abolished the development branch, maybe it should be
explicit that development occurs with the latest stable, and mark/name
it as next-stable or something.