gnutls 3.1.0 spurious test-suite failure

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sun Sep 2 11:07:18 CEST 2012

On 09/01/2012 11:57 AM, Andreas Metzler wrote:

>> On 08/26/2012 06:34 PM, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>>> I have uploade 3.1.0 to Debian/experimental today, just to check
>>> buildability. About half of the builds failed with a testsuite failure
>>> like this one:
>>> ------------------------------
>>> PASS: mini-emsgsize-dtls
>>> Child died with status 1
>>> Self test `./mini-handshake-timeout' finished with 1 errors
>>> FAIL: mini-handshake-timeout
>
>> Interesting. This is a timeout test. Could you run the test with the
>> "-v" option on one of the machines that fail?
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=gnutls28&arch=amd64&ver=3.1.0-3&stamp=1346491362
>
> You can see all the failed and successful build logs on
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=gnutls28&suite=experimental

Hello Andreas,
 It seems like a strange error. select() fails for some reason in these
systems in client side. Could you apply the two patches below (the
difference is that the print the errno) and re-run the test with -v?
This would provide an idea of why select fails there. Is there something
particular about these systems? Are they busy, have some particular
linux kernel or libc version?

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnutls.git;a=commitdiff;h=43e14e8a5cef27f319316bb7ff0de8b86272ac99
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnutls.git;a=commitdiff;h=ef9d0e356c191db966b7eb5ed8e55e7155b029c3