[sr #108051] certtool

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed May 9 08:12:21 CEST 2012

On 05/08/2012 11:43 PM, Toby Inkster wrote:

>> Out of interest, why do you want the oid name form alternate?
> It was mostly just an afterthought. I have an OID, and it would be nice
> to stuff it in there.
> The main part of the wish is for URIs though.

Are these fields being used by anyone? I understand they might
be good to have them for completeness, but on the practical side
does it change anything? rfc2818 that defines
a way to verify hostnames for https isn't mentioning those two
fields at all.

If there are no known practical applications, I'll not spend any
resources on these, but of course I'll accept any patch that adds
them.