NPN - Next Protocol Negotiation support?

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sat Mar 31 20:48:50 CEST 2012

On 03/29/2012 06:24 AM, Marcelo Fernandez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry if it's known to everybody in the list, but I haven't found any
> information about this.
> I'd like to know if it's planned to implement NPN - Next Protocol
> Negotiation Extension [1] in GnuTLS.

Hello,
 The draft [1] that you mention isn't complete, it doesn't have any
extension numbers assigned by IANA and some fields such as padding
aren't defined anywhere. That way it is not possible to implement in an
interoperable way.
If you depend on this draft I'd suggest to contact the authors to update
the current version with a version that can be used to create
interoperable implementations.

It is not currently in my todo list but looks pretty trivial to
implement once a complete version is available.