GnuTLS 3.0.14 gnutls-serv segfaults when an invalid number is passed to --debug

Bruce Korb bkorb at gnu.org
Sat Feb 25 20:29:44 CET 2012

On 02/24/12 18:59, Matthew Hall wrote:
> While investigating some other bugs in GnuTLS I located this bug in the
> --debug=99999999 option in GnuTLS 3.0.14, which is not present in 3.0.11, due
> to some changes in the way that GnuTLS seems to handle its CLI options.
>
> It is possible the bug is caused by the AutoOpts library.

No, it is caused by the stanza describing the debug option:

flag = {
     name      = debug;
     value     = d;
     arg-type  = number;
     arg-range = "0 -> 9999";
     descrip   = "Enable debugging.";
     doc       = "Specifies the debug level.";
};

If you request help ("--help" or "-h") it will tell you this,
as will the man page.