gnutls 3.0.10

Andreas Metzler ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org
Sun Feb 19 13:49:18 CET 2012

On 2012-02-19 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> wrote:
> On 02/18/2012 07:28 PM, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> > On 2012-02-18 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> wrote:
> > [...]
> >> ** command line apps: Use gnu autogen (libopts) to parse command
> >> line arguments and template files.
> > [...]
> > Hello,
> > This seems to be slightly broken:
> > a) If there is no local installation of autoopts-config/libopts.so
> > running gnutls' make install gives you /usr/lib/libopts.so.25.11.2 and
> > the cmdline utilities are linked against it.

> Ouch, I never noticed that. I've committed a fix and reported it as a
> bug to libopts.

> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnutls.git;a=commitdiff;h=5c05181a979d4ddd92ec03a90ce19fb1e17628cd

> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3489352&group_id=3593&atid=103593

I complete concur with you here.

> > b) With a local $libdir/libopts.so and autoopts-config (25.10.0) I get
> > a build error:

> Do you mean by specifying --enable-local-libopts and having libopts
> installed as well? It could be a header conflict with the installed
> and the bundled.

It happens without specifying any extra options, ./configure
automatically finds autoopts-config and uses it to locate the
installed versions.

> > OTOH (b) if libopts is locally installed the respective autogenerated
> > files (serv-args.h) should also be regenerated instead of breaking
> > compilation.

> > I will take a look at this tomorrow. (Unless weather permits
> > snowboarding.)

> The problem is that libopts might be there but not autogen. If you find
> any possible solutions to that let me know!

For the time being I am using this hack in Debian:
        # force regeneration of autogen-ed files.
        for i in `grep -l AutoGen-ed src/*.c` ; do \
                t=`basename $$i .c` ;\
                rm -v $$i src/$$t.h;\
                done

The problem really does not suggest a tidy resolution to me either.

cu andreas

so grateful to you.'