Exhaustive DTLS handshake test

Sean Buckheister s_buckhe at cs.uni-kl.de
Sun Feb 12 17:10:09 CET 2012

> Would it be
> possible to replay only a single configuration in order to debug it?

Of course. The program now takes arguments:

-shello, -sfinished, -cfinished: permutation to use for server hello,
server finished, and client finished flights. The program parses them as
it prints them.

Any additional arguments are parsed as packet names to drop, the program
parses them as it prints them. A packet given as an argument will be
dropped three times, as in the batch run.

As for the batch runs: i recommend piping output of the program through
cat or some other preprocessor before writing to disk, my shells messed
up the output quite a lot. For distinguishability, every line of output
is now prefixed with a unique integer for each session test.

> Btw. which compiler do you use? The program issues quite some warnings
> with gcc.

I used clang, which never warned about anything. gcc did complain in a
few places, this is now fixed.