hangs with active p11-kit modules

Sven Geggus sven at gegg.us
Tue Aug 14 16:12:36 CEST 2012

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos schrieb am Dienstag, den 14. August um 15:47 Uhr:

> Your pkcs11 module. You can disable it if you don't use it.

I really do not want to disable it as I need it for VPN.

What would probably be needed then is some kind of application blacklist or
whitelist in p11-kit - right?

It simply does not make sence for any application to query a smartcard which
has not even been unlocked as this will never succeed.

I still do not completely undestand why stuff like "lpq" and "mutt" query
the pkcs11-module at all. Well it would be nice if mutt could handle S/MIME
encrypted emails using pkcs11, but it doesn't.

Sven

--
Unix is simple and coherent, but it takes a genius – or at any rate a
programmer – to understand and appreciate the simplicity