[sr #108038] version 3.0.18 for windows 64 bit crashes during initialisation.

Mann Ern Kang INVALID.NOREPLY at gnu.org
Wed Apr 25 17:19:06 CEST 2012

Follow-up Comment #2, sr #108038 (project gnutls):

I believe this is a different issue. The fix mentioned only corrects the
parameter passing for the cpuid assembler code inside gnutls.

I came across this issue while building nettle for Windows x64 earlier on.
This crash is actually due to the assembler code for aes inside nettle. The
RNG for gnutls uses yarrow from nettle, which in turn uses some aes functions
internally. Nettle has custom assembler code for aes, which after inspecting
the .asm files, appears to support only the Linux calling convention on x86_64
(based on nettle 2.4).

As such, this seems to be more of a nettle problem rather than a gnutls one.

Cheers,
Mann Ern

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108038>