bug in 3.0.18: gnutls-cli fails to transfer data to gnutls-serv --echo

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Apr 19 17:34:39 CEST 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Alexandre Bique
<bique.alexandre at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I see a renegotiation request there and gnutls-serv doesn't do that,
>> so it might be that.
> So in production code, do I have to check gnutls_record_{send,recv}
> return value to manually start a renegotiation or re-handshake?

It depends on what you want to do. A server isn't obliged to renegotiate
just because the client asked. I don't know why openssl s_client asked
for renegotiation in your example.

> Could we add renegotiation to gnutls-serv?

Now that I check it, it does support renegotiation. I cannot check the
issue soon, but you can check the debugging output of gnutls-serv
using -d 9 or so.