[sr #107822] Testing 3.0.2 on AIX

Bjørn Christensen INVALID.NOREPLY at gnu.org
Wed Sep 28 14:54:31 CEST 2011

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None

Details:

I have the following problem and I cannot understand what is going wrong:

I have the following entries in my log file:
 RPCSECURE: thread 258 : READ: -1 returned from d, errno=2 gerrno=0
 RPCSECURE: thread 258 : ASSERT: gnutls_buffers.c:275

If I look at gnutls_buffers.c at line 255 where the first statment get
written, I have the pull_func return -1 from socket d, the opsys error is 2
and the internale error no is 0.

in gnutls_buffers.c line 247 the internale errno get cleared
(session->internals.errnum)

when the pull_func returns -1 the get_errno(session) get called on line 253,
the get_errno returns either the internal errno if not 0 else it calls the
errno_func which for AIX is system_errno  and system_errno from system.c line
82
returns errno (which we from the log statement knows is 2).

How can I end up with errno=2  and gerrno (internals.errnum) =0 ?

/bhc

PS: I can see that the problem I reportede where AIX recv returns -1 but
forgets to set errno have been fixed in the system_errno function (thank you)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107822>