gnutls_handshake trouble with Chrome

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Fri Sep 9 17:30:45 CEST 2011

On 09/09/2011 11:24 AM, Thibaut Le Guilly wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did a Wireshark analyze to compare the behaviour of Chrome vs. Firefox and
> cUrl, and Chrome is doing some weird things, like re-sending a "client
> hello" after the "server hello done", instead of sending the client key. I
> attached the wireshark files, may be it can help you determine if the
> problem is Chrome and not GNUtls?

Which version of chrome and gnutls do you use? I've tested gnutls-serv
(in gnutls 3.0.2) with chromium 13.0 and it seems they are able to
communicate. I notice though that chromium makes multiple connections to
the server and some of them fail. This looks like some kind of probing
of the server to discover its capabilities, but a chromium developer
might be more helpful. Do you actually have issues with chromium
displaying the correct content?